Date 1st quarter 20c
Source of original unknown. This image is a postcard (cf PGPT 032)
The gardener’s cottage in The Plantation is described in the 1897 auction particulars*. In the 1860 census one George Woodhouse* and his family were living in the cottage, and he was still Henry Trevor’s head gardener in 1897 when Henry died. He received a legacy (£50) from Henry, and took part in the funeral procession, so he had obviously earned the respect of his employer and the family. The tall chimneys of the cottage can be seen in PGPT002 and 003.
The cottage was demolished in the 1960s