Source: Auction sale particulars
Spelman & Co, auctioneers, illustrated their particulars with photographs of many of the properties which were being sold by the executors of Henry Trevor. This photograph shows ‘The Beeches’, which HT built in the 1860s between his own dwelling house and the Earlham Rd. The conservatory, garden and thatched summerhouse (cf PGPT047 and 048) are visible. HT let the property to tenants. In 1897 the rent was £75 p.a.
In the early 1980s the property was leased to a Mr Hill, who converted it and the neighbouring Plantation house into a hotel.