Source: Auction sale particulars, as PGPT008
This photograph shows ‘The Beeches’, which Henry Trevor built in the 1860s between his own dwelling house and the Earlham Rd. The conservatory, garden and thatched summerhouse (cf PGPT047/8) are visible to the left of the house. Henry Trevor let the property to tenants. In 1897 the rent was £75 p.a.
In the early 1980s the property was leased to a Mr Hill, who converted it and the neighbouring Plantation house into a hotel.