PGPT075 and 078
Source Boulton & Paul catalogue
Boulton & Paul produced a wide range of glass houses, taking advantage of their popularity in the second half of the 19c after the impression made by the Great Exhibition in 1851. Here 3 designs are shown: upper left, a 3/4 span for a Norwich customer, also sold to other customers in Norfolk and Sussex: lower left, a ‘very pleasing design’, which won a silver medal at a Paris exhibition in 1878. The curved design of the roof and pointed tops of the windows of this conservatory are very similar to the Plantation Palm House (PGPT003). A detailed description of the house on the right also gives materials, building methods and prices. From this we can estimate that Henry Trevor must have paid well over £200 for his Palm House and Winter Garden.