PGPT125

Posted by on Nov 30, 2014 in 2001–2009 | No Comments

PGPT125
Date: May 2007
Source: Photograph by Cynthia Gibling

This ‘gargoyle’ head (perhaps another product of Gunton Bros (see PGPT104) was built into the ‘medieval’ wall at its northen end. This wall was built as a retaining wall in 1871 (date on plaque in wall) when Henry Trevor erected his Palm house. Previously the ground had sloped from the house down from the house to the fountain, but in 1871 he levelled a sufficient area to build his large Palm house (see PGPT001, 002)