Date: October 2008
Source: Photograph by volunteer
In 1842 Henry Trevor opened a furnishing business in Norwich (see PGPT079). The business flourished, first under Trevor’s own name, later as Trevor and Page when he took his eldest stepson into partnership (see PGPT007,106). eventually the name was shortened to Trevor Page. The business was finally closed in 1983, by which time it had been under the control of Hodge for some years. Hodge preserved the sign which had hung outside the shop, relocated to Queen Street, together with its iron support. The sign had been repainted by the firm in the 20c: the support may date back to the 19c.
Hodges donated the sign to the PGPT, and it was decided to restore and erect it in the entrance yard, together with an information board about the history of Trevor Page.