PGPT143

Posted by on Nov 4, 2014 in 1931 to 1979 (Nursing home days) | No Comments

PGPT143

PGPT143
Date: 1930s
Source: Photograph donated in 1997 by Mr T.C.L. Walwyn

In the 1930s the Plantation was home to a maternity clinic/nursing home where private doctors performed operations and delivered babies. During this time the room to the right of the front door was converted into an operating theatre see PGPT….).Here a group of nurses, smartly dressed in their uniforms, pose with newly delivered babies and a mother(?) on the lawn beside the house.

Mr Walwyn sent these photos from his home in Vancouver, Canada. He was born in the Plantation clinic, and identified himself as one of the babies in the wheelbarrow in PGPT145.