PGPT296

Posted by on Dec 11, 2014 in Maps & Plans | No Comments

PGPT296
Date: 1830
Source: plan of the city of Norwich surveyed by Millard and Manning

The prison features prominently on this 1830 plan. It had only been completed in 1826 (cf PGPT229) and so Henry Trevor could have had little hope in 1856 when he built his house that it would ever be removed from his view. However, it was replaced by St John’s R.C church (later cathedral) from 1890.