Source: photograph by volunteer Patrick Halpin
The constitution of the PGPT sets out its aim of restoring the garden, so far as possible, to its 1897 appearance. The 1883 O.S. map (see PGPT407) showed flights of steps on the east bank which had virtually disappeared by 1980. This is an example of the restoration by volunteers of one such ascent, which has added to the pleasure of moving around the garden, especially for young visitors.