PGPT095 and PGPT120
Date: 1898 and October 2007
Source: Boulton & Paul catalogue and photograph by volunteer
When the Trust decided to build a shelter in the entrance yard of the garden (originally the site of glasshouses and fruit stores) the Boulton & Paul catalogue was consulted, since Henry Trevor had used their design for his Palm House. This drawing, no. 653 in the catalogue, provided a suitable model.
The oak shelter finished!(see PGPT057,094/5,117/8). Also visible is the Victorian post box used as an ‘honesty box’ for entrance fees when no volunteers are present (see PGPT084).